On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, John Catral wrote:

>Fatal server error:
>could not open default font 'fixed'

Hi John,
I had something similar happening too. According to the Mandrakeuser.org
site it was a problem with XFS (X server) not running, and it was so
indeed. After a reboot my problem was fixed. If it does not work for you,
you might have to "upgrade" to fix whatever went sour.

>umm.. what does that mean?  When I installed Mandrake 7.1 I chose to install
>the XFree 100dpi fonts and I didnt install the normal 75dpi fonts.  It
>worked well for awhile then this happens.  Is this related to the server
>crash in anyway?  How can I solve this?

I doubt that this has to do with the server crash. I have the 100dpi
installed also, and that never gave me problems.

Paul

--
Never tell people how to do things.
Tell them what to do