a true point, but what about those same people who charge $25 for a CD, which cost
less than a cassette tape to make.  while i am all about music, supporting music,
copyrights (i'm a writer & photographer)

**warning** shameless self promotion alert:
http://ontheflyphotography.1stcyberhost.com
**warning**

i, as a fan of music, am tired of being milked for excessivly expensive products by an
egotistical industry.  i wont go into the details here (tho this might be a good thing
to write about on my web site actually) i would hope that the end result of the
napster debate would be that the recording industry will figure out that if it wants
people to "buy legal products" they need a more reasonable pricing scheme.  i remember
"albums" -- them big black things, and they were $7 each.

and yes, i can debate that CDs are not "superior" to albums.  analog vs digital?  when
it comes to a sound wave, i'll take analog any time.

oh yea... and since this is off topic, and since someone complained about that a while
back, i just wanna take a moment to say -- relax man.  i have enjoyed the "off topic"
things that have come up on this list.  they are actually very thoughtful with
interesting participation & facts.  since we are all using - or in my case - trying to
use - Linux, we evidently share some sort of similar philosphy about computers &
such....  and the exchange of ideas with like minds beyond "how do i run staroffice"
isn't going to hurt anyone.

but, i will have some Linux questions for y'all soon
=)

>Mark said::::

>yeah, but what about the people whos livelyhoods are earned by those
>songs? and what about the people who hold the copyrights to those
>songs. don't they deserve to have their material protected from being
>stolen? that IS in effect what napster does. TAKE those songs and
>distribute them for free. the owners of the copyright don't see a cent.

>Mark

Adrian Smith
'de telepone dude
Telecom Dept.