On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 11:39:26PM -0500 or thereabouts, =*= wrote:

> I use Pine myself, and as far as I know you cannot use it to
> retreive POP type mail.  But working in tandem with
> fetchmail and sendmail it works very well.  Pine's very
> nature is that it was designed for people who read mail off
> a local server spool, not remotely.  AFAIK this is true even
> of the Pine for Windows.

This is totally wrong.  You can use it with POP, but just on one POP
server.  I have used it many times before I switched to MUTT which
handles threading far better than Pine.  Taken from the info of Pine,
do this.

In your setup config for inbox-path type:

{nameofpop.com/pop3user=username}INBOX

That's it.  When you start Pine, it will ask you for your password and
start d/l your mail.

Regards,
Gary