From: "Patti Wavinak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2000 12:47 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Internet configuration for Mandrake 7.0

We have a DSL isp and it does NOT use the MAC address -- in fact when I
asked Pacbell about it they didn't even know what a MAC address was!! Go
figure!! We have 4 computers set up on our LAN...Larry's, Mine, a
router/firewall, and a file server -- a 5th one (web server) is in the
process of being built. The router/firewall does not have the original
Nic card from pacbell (it was a Kingston and linux really didn't like it)
it has a 3Com and it has an uptime of over 6 months...both Larry and I
connect to the internet with no problem. We both have Mandrake 7.1 on one
drive and Windoze on the other.

Just my $1.00 worth <giggle>

Patti
Registered Linux User 184611

On 8/21/00, 9:07:06 AM, Bob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote regarding Re: [newbie]
Internet configuration for Mandrake 7.0:

> Dunno about cable but some DSL isps DO indeed use the MAC address.

Each