Sometimes when XMMS or GTV crashes, and then when I try to start them up again,
I'll get an error saying that the sound doesn't work. XMMS tells me to check
that "No other program is blocking the sound card" when I'm not running
anything else that requires sound. And GTV refuses to play a movie with sound.
Is there anyway I can kill any program using the soundcard without rebooting?
Because that's what I have to do at the moment. And when I reboot, I get errors
saying that it can't unload the sound modules because the module is busy. There
has to be some way other than rebooting to fix this, but I just don't know the
answer. Do any of yall?

--
Anthony
http://binaryfusion.net