Kathleen --

I use gcc to program in C.  It works fine, and it's installed automatically with
Mandrake if you install the "developer" mode
(when installing do customized, then developer).  It's not as fancy as, say, Borland
on Windows, but it works well.  If you want
a book that will actually let you learn C, I would recommend the book by Donald (I
think) Kochan (the last name is correct).  If
memory serves, the title is Programming in C (creative title, here), second edition.
It's paperback, green, with a diamond on
the front cover.

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000 18:06:52 -0500, Kathleen Dickason wrote:

>Does anyone here use Linux to program in C?  I am just learning.  Which compiler do
>you use?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Kathleen

Pete Clapham
Department of Biological, Geological, and Environmental Sciences
Cleveland State University
Cleveland, Ohio, 44115
Voice: [216] 687-4820
Fax: [216] 523-7200