Hi gang,

I just subscribed to this list, and hope that someone can help. I just installed Linux Mandrake 7.1 Deluxe on a Celeron 333 desktop computer. The install went very smoothly. Unfortunately , the install didn't 'detect' any of my two NIC's that are installed. I've had no luck finding any information about how to 'manually' install a NIC, even after searching hundreds of websites etc. Any info out there usually has to do with installing drivers AFTER Linux has already detected your NIC initially. i.e when I go to HardDrake and see a list of my hardware, there is no plus sign next to Network Interface device etc.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, since the NIC's are the most important part of me using Linux in the first place!

Thanks,

Jeremy Wood

p.s Both my NIC's aren't listed in the compatible hardware list at Linux-mandrake.com, however they both come with Linux drivers...and colleagues have used them in their machines with Linux without a hitch.