I installed Mandrake 7.1 on a k6-200 with 64MB and using a
Media Vision Pro Audio Spectrum 16 sound card.  I use this
same system with different harddisks (removable trays) and
the soundcard works find for other distributions (e.g.
Caldera 2.3, Win98 and RedHat 6.2).

The cdplayer works and so do the system sounds..I can hear
the cd and sounds through the speakers but at a low volume.
When I select the speaker icon (kmix) the kmix window opens
but the volume control slider (and the other sliders) does
nothing.  Any ideas as to why I cannot control the volume
using kmix?

--
Dean J. Steichen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]