Roman -- What type of hard drive do you have? Is is IDE or SCSI? If it is
SCSI then you need to append additional information into Lilo or Grub and
you also have to make an initrd file for the new kernel. I just upgraded my
kernel to 2.2.16 -- the first time I did it I couldn't bring Linux up, the
kernel panicked <giggle> Go to
http://mandrakeuser.org/install/kupgrade2.html and follow his instructions,
it works like a charm.

I hope this is what you were looking for and that it helps you.

Patti - Registered Linux User #184611
AIM - Moonbrrz
ICQ - #64659723

On 9/4/00, 2:01:37 PM, Romanator <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote regarding [newbie]
Downloading newer kernel and header file: