Hmm, I was wondering about that.  I reduced the processor speed, however,
with no visible effect.  The thing is overclocked.  Maybe I'll do both.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 11:03 AM
Subject: Re: [newbie] 7.1 doesn't install at all

: On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, pablito wrote:
:
: >Mandrake 7.1 doesn't install as either graphics or text install.  On text
: >install I get the following error "segmentation fault - seems like memory
is
: >missing as the install crashes".  This is just after it finds the scsi
card
: >and disks.  On graphics install I get a divide by zero error at the
package
: >selection state.  I have tried making a boot disk with no difference.  I
: >have not tried copying the files on the CD to a partition on the hard
disk
: >and installing from that.
:
: Perhaps a good idea to set the speed of your RAM down. I have heard that
: this helps in problem cases like this.
:
: Paul
:
: --
: Suppose you were an idiot...
: And suppose you were a member of Congress...
: But I repeat myself.
: -Mark Twain
:
: http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208 - Registered Linux User 174403
:               -=PINE 4.21 on Linux Mandrake 7.1=-
:
:
: