Please elaborate a little bit more....

Are the two NICs in the Linux box (Windows98 server, too?) set to 192.186.0.1 and .2?
Why is
this?  Is one of them your DSL connection and the other for the LAN?  Then you have a
client (98,
too?) with DHCP set....  generally taking the 192.186.0.2 (.3?) IP on your LAN?
Please try to
explain this in a little bit greater detail, explain where the internet is coming into
your LAN
and where... and then how your LAN is set up.

I have been told that IP Masq. requires static IPs on your LAN, so you can't use DHCP.
 I haven't
been able to get it to work becuase I also use 98SE's ICS on another computer on the
LAN, so this
one is at 192.168.0.2 and is set by DHCP........

Try to explain how everything is set up in as much detail as possible...

Rob