[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kandace Little) wrote:
> I can not get this modem working wit Linux not sure
> why though, It works just find when running windows.
> It is a sportster 33.6 ENT FAX modem and I find I like
> the little thing ;).
>
> The problem I am having is that when I go to call out,
> it finds the modem says it is ready then starts to
> initialize and goes no father. My modem is in COM
> port 1, I used dev/ttyS0 instead of dev/modem. I also
> tried it the other way as well. It once said that it was
> setting speaker volume but stopped there.
>
> Speaker does not mean that much to me anyway since
> I can not seem to get my sound going hehe.. Dam sound
> it built onto the Mobo it is ESS and SB compatible but
> still does not seem to work.
>
> Anyway and help would be great. Thanks!
>
> Stephen

Try this Stephen (until someone gives you a more permanent fix):
When you call up kppp, click on setup -> modem -> Query Modem.
Regardles of the gibberish you get back, close and then hit connect.
Worth a try ;o)
Mike

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
        -Benjamin Frankilin

http://home.netscape.com/webmail