> John Kimmel wrote:
>
> I am a pure newbie here.  I can't seem to get xwindows started. I
> typed "startx" from about every directory i could get to with no
> luck.  Always gives me an error.  Don't remember the error at the
> moment.  Guess I should have wrote it down.  Am I doing something
> wrong or is it a bad install?

John,

You really need to give us more information.

Are you at a text prompt??

Are logged on?? ie: have you entered a username and password?

Have you looked at the contents of /etc/dmesg and /var/log/dmesg
to see if there are error messages there

Come on back eh....

Cheers

--
ICQ# 89345394     Mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]