At 03:00 AM 9/11/00 +1200, John Rye wrote:

John - you nailed my netscape problem solidly. Thanks. However, the modem
is still connecting at 28.8.  A friend who has installed a couple of linux
systems in his day says there is some config file out there which has a max
speed  set too low for the USR, and wont let me set my speed higher until I
find and fix that one.  Any ideas on the name?

--
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes