On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Kunal Parekh wrote:

>Hello friends.
>I have installed the Linux mandrake 7.1 Complete Version on my computer.
>I selected the Normal mode of installation.
>I wish to develop a web site on my computer. I have done some ASP work
>before. Do u think APACHE server would have installed?? I referred to a book
>which gave me a path to look for files of Apache server but i did not find
>anything there.
>Please help me with this. If the APache server is not there which cd
>(Application or installation) would have the files  related to it.
>And how to install it?
>thank you,
>Kunal.

I always do the normal install too, and apache was loaded here. In
netscape try hitting http://localhost
If you see this: "The Apache Web Server software on this system is
operational." then apache is running.

Paul

--
How do crazy people go through the forest?
They take the psycho path.

http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208 - Registered Linux User 174403
              -=PINE 4.21 on Linux Mandrake 7.1=-