> On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> > The BEST method to learn this OS is to use it and get your own understanding
> > of what you need to know.  I couldn't tell you what you need to know,
> > because other than the brief 'I know windows pretty well', I don't know what
> > else you're familiar with.  You might be a general user of Windows 95/98 or
> > a systems admin of a small (or even large) Windows NT domain.  That means
> > you know Windows, both of them.
> >
> > I don't think that you can g wrong with most of the people's suggestions,
> > but to them I add that you need to get used to doing things a little
> > different, and mostly, use the resources here and at other mailing lists,
> > and mostly, be patient in your expectations.  You will have little trials
> > and errors, because this is new to you, and you'll develop confidence after
> > you begin, but only unanswered questions before you begin.  Get your feet
> > wet.  Download (or order a copy of Linux like I do every time)  a copy and
> > burn some CDs.  You'll have fun once you get things going a little at a
> > time.  Enjoy the victory(ies) of successful installs and correct
> > configurations.  This isn't childs-play just yet.  It still requires some
> > fortitude to get it right all the time.
> >
> > The best part of all is that you are not alone in this.  Write for help
> > often, even when you think that it's a simple question.  Look at the
> > archives of this message list.  You couldn't go wrong with these people.
> > Even though we have our minor disagreements, I am very glad that they are
> > here!  They are here (as well as me) for your support.  Mostly, just enjoy
> > the journey and the learning experience.  It's something that not everyone
> > can do (lots of reasons), but something that everyone could do (if they
> > wanted to).
> >
> > This is only my opinion and I really have a great time with Linux.  It's a
> > great tool to learn from and use.
> >
> > Steve Weltman
> > (from Los Angeles)
>

> this post is so well done i almost thought i was reading a very
> good book :)

I agree with you and also with Steve, I also enjoy learning Linux a lot.
I even think it's become some sort of an addiction. I spend absolutely all my
free time learning and trying to make Linux work properly. Sometimes it takes
me  days to get things going, but when finaly you get it going it's really
great.
By the way, this is my first post wiht linux !!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
Carol^