I installed Mandrake 7.1 on a system already runnig NT 4.0.  Apparently
the network card is found (HardDrake shows it as found and eepro100.o exists
under /lib/modules/2.2.15-4mdk/net).  However, ifconfig eth0
gives back an error regarding device not found.  Also, insmod
/lib/modules/2.2.15-4mdk/net/* generates an error saying that modules were
compiled for kernel 2.2.15-4mdk and running kernel was supposed to be 2.2.14
(and indeed uname -r returns 2.2.14).  But /lib/modules/2.2.15-4mdk ?

  Has any of you have found a similar problem ? Also, previously to
installing Mandrake Linux I installed SuSe in the same system and the card
was working OK ... [I prefer Mandrake because it configures from
installation a bigger variety of Windows managers that SuSe].

  Anyway, Any suggestions guys ?  Thanks,

        UnProZ

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html