Mark Weaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Something just occured to me as I reading through this post again.
> (no... I know what you're thinking and that's not it...I was cleaning up
> my mail and this happened to catch my attention.) Anyway, at the moment
> I'm running SETI@home, which is very resource intensive, Pine, and
> Netscape (browser, and email) AND a download, and I haven't even touched
> my Swap space yet. I've only got 64MB of RAM in this old box.  :)
> --
> Mark
> **  =/\=  No Penguins were harmed     | ICQ#27816299
> ** <_||_> in the making of this               |
> **  =\/=  message...                  | Registered Linux user #182496
==========
That is rather surprising.  I know linux likes to use as lots of ram when it's
available and the more available, the more it will frequently use.  I have one
box with 128m and another that I just bought w/256m.  Both frequently show
using much more than 64m, but almost never use any swap.  Are your running
xfce?  Or some other small wm?  I've really gotten to like Blackbox.  Very
small footprint and quite fast and functional.
Mike

"Many loads of beer were brought.  What disorder, whoring, fighting, killing
and dreadful idolatry took place there!"
Baltasar Rusow, Estonia, 16th century

http://home.netscape.com/webmail