Mark,

When I go Mandrakes home page and pull up the 'Supp. Hardware' link, this is all
I find under 'MODEM'

" Most modems and ISDN adaptors are supported. Most "Win-modems" are NOT
supported."

'Most' to me means many, but not all.  I am comforted by a Manufacturer/Model Number
type of list, because invariably the first modem I pick won't be one of the many.

Barry :-)