I don't know what "peanut Linux" is, but most distros have an install
routine that will make your partition and write the ext2 fs on it.  If
you have some kind of minimum size Linux (judging by the name) you
could still use RedHat or Mandrake install disk to partition and write
the fs, and then just cease the install and go over and install
Peanut on the fs you just made.  But I'm surprised that "Peanut"
does not have this capability.  Have you tried?

OTOH: It may be necessary to remove any unwanted partitions on the
disk you want to install to, and then make new blank ones with your
install routine.  I found this to be true with SuSE 6.4.

Good luck.  --doug