Netscape has *never* crashed on you?  It either consistently crashes or just
disappears on me.... What do I have to know to *not* make Netscape crash on
me.  KDE browser never crashes on me (but unfortunately has limited
functionality).  KNews just disappears on me too without any notice. I'll
finish editing my post, hit send, and poof it goes away and didn't even save
a copy of my article -- it's SO frustrating -- I'd say this is a blatant
bug!  When working with NetConfig to setup the network it would take all the
parameters and apparently "activate" the changes but nothing would happen -
no error message, no nothing.  When I dropped down to the command line it
was giving me an error everytime I tried to use a command like 'ifconfig' or
'route' -- obviously something was wrong that NetConfig wasn't telling me
about - that's a bug too in my opinion.

However, there is a difference between saying Mandrake is buggy and saying
the individual apps are buggy; often we associate the apps as the OS, but
here I'm just mincing words.

Also, I'd like to say despite all the "bugs" I really appreciate the effort
that people go to build this stuff.  I realize it's hard work to build
software and it's not like building a toaster.  However, I would be not be
against paying real money to someone or some company to build and maintain
software for Linux.  I actually have to use Linux at my job, and
consequently I depend of freeware utilities that sometimes aren't up to par
to allow me to be productive, but this isn't a complaint - just an
observation.