----- Original Message -----
From: "markOpoleO" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2000 8:30 AM
Subject: Re: [newbie] ttyS4 problem still!

> Perhaps if you looked at my problem, you could give a helpful
answer...that
> was a good reason to ignore your message last time, just like now.  "if
you
> would enter the proper set- serial commands"..great, what are they?   I/o
is
> 0xd400  IRQ is 10
>
> markOpoleO

I have posted the the the commands to the list at least a half dozen times
but here they are again.

# setserial /dev/ttyS3 port 0xd400 spd_vhi skip_test auto_irq autoconfig
If there are no errors, then enter
# setserial /dev/ttyS3 uart 16550A

Select /dev/ttyS3 as the device in kppp and your modem should now
initalizeand operate.
To make this perm. you will need to edit your rc.local file which is located
in the /etc/rc.d directory. Add the 2 setserial lines to the end of this
file Save the changes and reboot your system.

   Charles