On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> I so embarrased about asking this but how do I add a shortcut to the KDE
> desktop.  Do I right click and select New -> Application?  It says
> Program.kdelnk, but I'm not sure what to do with it.  Do I replace that is
> /usr/bin/foo or something?

What I do is I right click on the desktop while in KDE, a box pops up that has
Program.kdelnk entered in the field. Hit OK, or go, or whatever the button
says. Another box comes up, with several tabs across the top. Hit the one that
says Execute. There will be a Browse button - click on that, find the
application that you want, and there you go. You can click on the gear icon
that will be shown on the same window to use a different icon if you don't like
the gear.

--

peace,

Rog