You are partially correct. I've seen a lot, and I mean a lot of crappy PCs
built by people who think they know how to build a custom PC. Just my $0.02.

Roman

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Curtis
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2000 12:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Is it my imagination or------

Hand-built pc will tipically be more stable and faster. This comes with
higher quality parts. Prebuilt pcs are less expensive for a reason, lower
quality parts. Also prebuilt units will have several applications that are
made by the manufacturer, thus can cause problems with other apps or the OS
in general. Most users that are willing to build a custom pc will put more
effort into research and compatiblity of the parts they are going to by.

In short you get what you pay for.