> If you have installed the tarball version first,
> can you just delete the dir in which you specified
> Netscape to install or does it dribble a bunch of
> stupid little libs all around that yoiu don't know about?

I'm not sure about stupid little libs but you can find out what files
were extracted from a tarball, and where they were put by doing

tar tf filename.tar

> I wonder if I need to know what to look for
> like little useless libs or .so files left behind
> by a tarball installation of Netscape.

Linux structure requires that doc files go one place, lib files go
another, and the actual executables/scripts be placed elsewhere.

Cheers --- Larry