I have a new Mandrake 7.1 installation.

rpmdrake used non-meaningful descriptors for the CD's that it needed in
order to
install package.
I. E. cdrom_1, cdrom_2, cdrom_3, cdrom_4.  Like a newbie, I remembered
that there
were 4 CD's
referenced in the initial installation, but, I had no idea what order
they were
in, so when it asked
for cdrom_2, I had no idea which CD it really wanted.

Well, like a newbie, I figure, heh, I can fix that, so I deleted the
dumb titles
and went to re-add the
installation CD's into rpmdrake. Well, blat, rpmdrake will not add
anything into
the menu, so my
install list is totally blank.  I know it's at least looking at the cd,
because it
hollers if no CD is in
the drive.

>From looking at the script, it seems to be expecting to look at
/mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/base for
something, and sure enough, the CD's have what appear to be package tree

information at that
location.

So, my question is an either or, I suppose...

1) Is it conceivable that I can restore the original package list, and
how might I
do that without doing
     a total reload (yeah, yeah, no, I didn't have a backup somewhere).

-or-

2) Is rpmdrake broken?  Is there a fix?

-or-

3) Might I be doing something wrong.

-or-

4)  Am I asking the wrong questions?  If so, what do I need to know.

Thanks,

Kevin R. Bulgrien