It was Sep 29, 2000, 12:31, when [EMAIL PROTECTED] keyboarded:

>I just wanted to know if there is a way to change a dir and all sub dir
>to give rights to everyone.(I have a public folder in a samba network
>and the rights are all screwed up)
>
>I want to be able to add, remove and modify in this directory tree and
>have someone else be able to see use and modify it afterwords.
>
>Eg.  i create a directory or file in the public folder that everyone can
>see and use (right now if I do it I get ownership and me only)

You can either chmod a+rwx all files in the directory, or create a group
that has all rights inside that directory, and chown  .* all files to that
group.

Paul

--
Obeying their rules only encourages them to create new ones.
Disobey as often as possible:

http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208 - Registered Linux User 174403
              -=PINE 4.21 on Linux Mandrake 7.1=-