Hi Guys.

First of all I'd like to thank everyone who responded with their views
regarding the Reiser FS.  It was very informative, and has convinced me
that I want it!

Thanks again.

Now, on to my next problem.

In the absence of a CD burner, or enough disk space on my laptop, I
decided to perform the following kludge:

1. Download the two iso images for Mandrake 7.1 from Mandrake's website
onto my Wife's PC.
2. Boot her machine into Linux (I've stuck a basic UMSDOS Linux on there
[Slackware's ZipSlack 7.1, in case it matters]).
3. Mount the iso images and copy the files out of them to another
directory.
4. Reboot into Win98, laplink to my laptop (also booted into Win98) and
copy the files over.
5. Reboot the laptop and perform a HD install.

Now, I did a similar thing for 7.0 a few months ago (but using only the
laptop) and it worked fine.

BUT

This time, I am getting a large discrepancy between the files within the
iso image and the files that get copied.  About 100 megs get missed.

I am mounting the images using:

mount /mnt/C/iso/image1.iso /mnt/iso1 -t iso9660 -o loop=/dev/loop1
mount /mnt/C/iso/image2.iso /mnt/iso2 -t iso9660 -o loop=/dev/loop2

After this I can view the contents of the iso images in /mnt/iso1 and
/mnt/iso2 respectively.

I then copy the files from /mnt/iso1 to /DOS/iso1 using the following:

cp -R -v /mnt/iso1/* /DOS/iso1

This appears to work, but it skips about 100 megs worth of files (there
is plenty of space on the drive for the files - after the copy there is
still about 700Mb free).

What am I missing?

Regards,
Ozz.