--- Alan Shoemaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> John Hendrickx wrote:

> > Bottom line is that my partition table is all screwed up. Does
> anyone know how
> > to fix it?
>
> John....the problem I see is that the ending cylinder of hda10
> (Linux) and the beginning cylinder of hda6 (Fat32) are the
> same cylinder.  They are contesting over the ownership of
> cylinder 935.  So, either hda10 needs to end at cylinder 934
> thus giving 935 to hda6 or hda6 needs to start at 936 thus
> giving 935 hda10.
>
> You can do this with Linux fdisk by deleting one of the
> partitions and recreating it with the new/correct parameters.
> The trouble is, how to decide which one to change?  I don't
> know that.  So I suppose you could guess at one way, test it
> and if it doesn't help or makes things worse, then try it the
> other way.  Hope this helps.

sfdisk reported that the problem was between hda6 and hda9. I used
fdisk to remove the Linux partions and now I'm e-mailing from Windows
again :-)

The problem seems to be that diskdrake on Linux-Mandrake 7.0 doesn't
understand large disks. It wrote the faulty partitions at any rate.
Oh, well, at least I got my Windows partition back. Thanks for the
help.

John Hendrickx