Larry said::
> Here are the instructions to go from 7.0 to 7.1.
>
> 1) Make system bootable from a CD.
> 2) Stick CD in and reboot.
> 3) Select "upgrade"
> 4) Read a good Linux book until the process is complete
>
> I suspect you can hang onto these instructions Jeff; they'll work from 7.1
> to 7.2 as well I'm sure :-)

now, this may be really dumb, but understand....  i've been using windoze....  i
know...  the shame.....  one day i hope to be a real computer user......

so when one does the upgrade option with mandrake, when it's finished all of your
exiting installed programs will still work?  and all of your user preferences will
still exist?  and all the little tweaks and changes you have made will still be
there??  this sounds simply too good to be true.  me thinks it could be a dream......

but i'm hoping it's not.    =)

thanks much

Adrian Smith
'de telepone dude