Gary:
I had a problem with my Zoom ISA modem when I first installed it in
win95. It plugged, but it didn't play. I cured the problem by jumpering
it from Plug-n-Play to com4 (no idea why I picked com4, but it seemed
like a good idea at the time). It works. I've never changed it since
then, for Linux or Windows. (What's odd is that it was replacing a
similar Zoom modem that windows found right off the bat. Oh yeah, we're
talking windows.) Any chance that this would work for you?
Regards,
Carroll