Carlton,

Since you're installing Mandrake and your machine only has 700MB of total
space you won't have sufficient space for a dual boot machine. In fact,
you may find it a bit tight squeezing Mandrake on there. However, a
workstation install should fit.

To install with an older CDROM shouldn't be too hard. If you've got an
Micro$oft CDROM setup disk lying around that will work wonderfully. If you
don't just email me and I'll zip you one up and send it to you. That will
allow you to boot your machine with the floppy and hopefuly load the CDROM
drivers to get the whole process started.

If that doesn't work you make have to make a boot floppy with the CDROM
boot.img and try booting with that. Those iamges should be on the Mandrake
installation CD's.

--
Mark

/*      I never worry about the to-jams.
 *      Once I've stuck my foot in my mouth
 *      it's already too late...just make sure
 *      you chew them thoroughly before swallowing!
 */
        Registered Linux user #182496
             *   Pine 4.21   *

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000 7:54pm ,Carlton Dodd spake passionately in a message: