> I'm right there with you, Jay. I've used Opera since 3.4
> something...don't remember what #exactly, but it was before 3.5 came
> out. And though I do understand it will have its detractors because of
> the open source thing, as well as the price tag thing (I heard $39
> clams will be the ransom of this particular king) will turn off some
> Linux users, the bottom line to me is it works, and it works better

Rog,

A good place for me to correct something that I said off the cuff and it
turns out to be wrong.  I quickly read the Opera download page and then
suggested that the source code was available.  The source you can download
from their site is for QT, not Opera.

Personally I'm not turned off by the price as much as I am not having the
source available.  The odd thing is that it's pretty unlikely that I'd use
it as there are other browsers around.  But the problems we face with
Netscape are caused largely by a company trying to keep up with a
marketplace and there's nothing we can do to fix it as it's all sealed
up.

As for buying Linux software, my time is valuable to me and I spend
far too much of it downloading and testing software.  Buying some
solutions looks pretty darn good in the face of that.  Opera has some
really interesting features and it would be worth $40 to me.

Cheers --- Larry