Aaron Lynch wrote:

> ok, I'm a dumbass.  I figured it out.
>
> How big does a /boot partition need to be?

Aaron....It really depends on the space that you anticipate
needing.  I have 2 kernals (along with the other associated
files for each of them) in my 7.1 /boot partition and it uses
a total of 2.7 meg of the 7.8 meg I allocated to it when I
created it with Partition magic.   For the drive that I was
using 7.8 meg was the smallest size partition that Partition
Magic would allow me to create.  Linux fdisk will allow the
creation of smaller partitions than that.
--
MandrakeSoft Inc                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Altadena, CA USA                                     --Alan