Emerhawk:
If you're using grub, become the superuser, call up an editor, and load
/boot/grub/menu.lst. Just under the line
        title linux
there is a line:
        kernel (hd1, 0)/vmlinuz root=/dev/hdb5      (or something similar)
change it to read:
        kernel (hd1, 0)/vmlinuz root=/dev/hdb5 mem=128M
Reboot and put that new chip to work. (Something I learned 2 weeks ago
here.)
Regards,
-- carroll