sounds like you did everything well except to make a "boot disk" for
Linux. And why in the world do you run scandisk/defrag in safe mode?

--
Mark

/*      I never worry about the to-jams.
 *      Once I've stuck my foot in my mouth
 *      it's already too late...just make sure
 *      you chew them thoroughly before swallowing!
 */
        Registered Linux user #182496
             *   Pine 4.21   *

On Sat, 21 Oct 2000 11:07pm ,DataChannel spake passionately in a message: