> Maybe you may want to try this configuration for the
floppy on the /etc/fstab:

/dev/fd0<TAB>/mnt/floppy<TAB>auto<TAB>user,noauto 0 1

note:dont write <TAB>, just leave a tab space between each
column.

This is my configuration and it works fine.

Try also to check the /atc/mtab file to see if the floppy
is already mounted. If so, remove the line from the mtab
and try to mounted with the configuration mention above.

To mounted manually try this:
    mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

Also you may check if the automounter is mount something on
it. This done reading the /etc/auto.master and/or
auto."something". If so, stop the automounter deamon and
mount it manually.