> Kevin A Sadler wrote:
>
> Hi yoall.
> What's happened. No-one had my problem before ?
> On 21/10/00 I put forward the fact my desktop has expanded its picture
> to the size of my wall so all I can see on my puny 15" screen are the
> Application starter and Panel buttons. I have reinstalled about six
> times, partitioned, formatted over and over but it still looms
> brightly. If I could afford a 30' x 20' monitor I would have it all
> over yoall but I can't so I would like some help to get my graphic
> view back to rather normal.
> Thanks, anyone !
> Kev Sadler

Kev,

Sounds to me that you have picked the wrong parameters for your
monitor (vdu/display/screen).

When I installed the first time, I had the same problem.

Frustrating and time-consuming it may be, but if you don't
know what refresh, horizondal and vertical frequencies your
monitor uses or if it matches any of those which are listed
in DrakConf -> X Configuration, then you'll need to try each
one in the presented list you'll get when you use the DrakConf
utility.

I did find a site for my monitor eventually by tracking the FCC
number on the rear panel, I'm sorry I can't remember the URL.

Cheers
--
ICQ# 89345394     Mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected"