From:   Xavier Chitnis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Monday, October 23, 2000 5:12 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        [newbie] FAT partitions

Hi,

I am attempting my first installation of Mandrake 7.1 and have hit a
problem. I burned the ISO files to CD, and boot from the installation CD. I
am asked to select my language etc. However, when I get to the disk
partition stage, it says my partition table is too corrupted to be read. If
I select Automatic partitioning, it doesn't seem to realise there is a FAT
partition that needs to be resized. I have run disk defragmenter and
scandisk prior to attempting installation.

I am trying to install onto a PC with Windows 98SE, and it is a 10Gb hard
drive. Would I be better to try to resize the partition using something like
fips (not that I've ever used it...)?

I would be very grateful for any advice or suggestions

Xavier