I managed to successfully install KDE2 over an installation of Mandrake 7.0.
Whenever I got a message of unsatisfied dependencies when trying to install
the KDE2 RPMs, I looked up the files and packages up at rpmfind.net and then
downloaded the latest Mandrake cooker versions.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan
        "One World, One Web, One Programme" - Microsoft Promotional Ad.