On Saturday 28 October 2000 10:43 am, you wrote:
> Hmmm, I would find it very weird if they would package a beta
> for retail.

    Depends on who 'they' is.  I don't doubt the person who says the
K-Mart box is marked 7.2, but it's not Mandrake's 7.2 ;)

If it was 7.2 final it would have KDE2 final also
> and by looking at the ftp site it is KDE2.0-1mdk some parts of
> it are 2.0-3mdk.  According to Dennis (at MandrakeSoft), there
> is no way that's right.

 I just re-upgraded KDE-2.0 from a 7.2beta ftp site last night. This
morning I compared to the kde2 rpms on a 7.2 final ftp site.  All
were within one patch level (-?mdk), and some of the 7.2beta rpms
even had a higher level.  Levels vary from -1mdk to -7mdk

  I'm not saying it's not true but that's
> what I was told.  I like to see what kernel is being run

   Last beta uses 2.2.17-21mdk (I'm using -22mdk, I couldn't get -21
to install properly).  7.2 final uses 2.2.17-21mdk
--
Tom Brinkman        [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Galveston Bay