I plan to try the same thing but I have to get several cgi scripts move to a
different box before I take this one down.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian K. Garel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "rharvey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, October 28, 2000 7:06 AM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Postfix anybody

> Hi,
>
> Don't know if this helps but....after spending a little bit of time on the
> Postfix website, (and seeing sendmail so prominantly mentioned), I decided
> to uninstall postfix and install the latest version of sendmail.  The
> postfix website states
> "It is Wietse Venema's attempt to provide an alternatvie to the
> widely-used Sendmail program."
> After reading that I thought, it may be bigger better and more
> configurable, but sendmail works and I'm familiar with it....why
> change....
>
> Anyway....after I made the committment back to sendmail, inside 1 hour I
> had a fully funcitonal mail server again....
>
> Is Postfix THAT much better than Sendmail?  IMHO it ain't worth the
> hassle!  :-)
>
> Later,
>
> On Sat, 28 Oct 2000, rharvey wrote:
>
> > I am going thru that now.
> > I have been told it is dns.
> > I went to www.postfix.com
> > I printed out the configuration page.,... and dns stuff. I'll let you
know what works.

help.  Users who try to send mail Using a client like Outlook Express or
Netscape messenger get a "User rejected by server" error message.  Is there
a file where I need to add all the users so Postfix will recognize them?
These users already have an account on my Linux box... what more does
Postfix need?