In a message dated 29-Oct-00 21:26:02 Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> But why do all the programs load and run like I have 16 megs of ram on a
> 486 computer? I'm running an Athlon 750 with 128 megs of ram. I
> partitioned my Linux drive for 3.5 gigs. I also tried my internet
> connection and it said my modem was busy, but it wasn't. Any Ideas?

a little bug in lillo and grub you have to add the line in lillo mem: 128mb
i think thats how it goes im sure someone will correct me, for some reason
lillo and grub will not detect over 64mb so this line was added to help
correct the reporting feature to the linux kernel on bootup, when i get my
new laptop i will also have to implement this because of the added ram.
once you implement this into your config things should run alot smoother for
you