Joan Tur wrote:

> Hi!
>
> It works but i've got a problem:  it changes my desktop resolution, 1280x1024, to
> a virtual 1280x1024 (showing 640x480).  Not everything is being showed fine and
> when i stop it the virtual desktop is still there  8-?
>
> And of course playing with a virtual desktop is not the best (you move from the
> game to a different side of the virtual desktop without wanting to do so!).
>
> Any idea??

Hi there, Joan! Well, I had the same problem, so I went into /etc/X11 as su,
and did a "mv X86Config X86Config.current". I ran XF86Setup, and only picked
the following modeselections:

640x480
8bit (256 color)

I left everything else the same (I picked use current configs at the start).

Then, I startx with this file, and I get an (ugly) 256 color, 640x480 desktop
that runs Starcraft perfectly! (even pretty fast - very playable). Now, when I
quit playing and am ready for my normal 32-bit/1024x768 desktop, I go back into
/etc/X11 (again, as su), and "mv XF86Config XF86Config.VGA-256", and "mv
XF86Config.current XF86Config". Restart X and you're back to your normal
desktop. I know this seems a little drawn out, just to play a game but it does
work. There is a script that is supposed to be able to use that specific
X86Config file we created for Starcraft, but I've not been able to get it to
work correctly (without going through the changes I did) but I've not been able
to get it to work correctly. ;-(

Hope this helps!

--

                                                                       /\