You're close. When you're looking at the screen and "top" is running you
would type "k", and it will prompt you for the "PID". type in the number
that you've mentioned and hit enter. There is another way that is far
easier and that is if you've got a terminal window open type "kpm" and hit
enter. When the program comes up find the CPU hog, right click on the
little monster and choose "kill" from the menu. I love that program.

kpm = KDE Process Management

--
Mark

Larry is NOT a cucumber...he's a stinkin pickle...
        WITH WARTS!

          registered linux user # 182469
                =/\= PINE 4.21 =/\=

Surprisingly on Tue, 31 Oct 2000 Dodd Carlton J MSgt 726 ACS/CSG had this...