I agree with you entirely. I *was* under the impression, however, that I was
maintaining my system rather well, and that my hardware is of good quality (I
made sure to choose each and every component of my computer myself, after
careful research). KDE2 is the only group of programmes I have problems with.
GNOME works fine, as did KDE1.x. Are there any suggestions on what I can do
to improve KDE2's stability? Perhaps I can change some config settings,
either in KDE, X, or Linux in general.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan
        "One World, One Web, One Programme." - Microsoft Promotional Ad.