On Monday 06 November 2000 22:51, Leo Fox wrote:

> > I have Wu-FTPd v 2.6.1 set-up under Linux-Mandrake 7.2 on my other
> machine. This is the problem: When I connect to the site as
> Anonymous I can't see any directories! The ftp user home is set
> under fpt/pub and I have several subdirectories under that. I can
> manually switch to a specific directory, but my client(CuteFTP)
> doesn't show them... The incoming directory is chmoded 1733 and the
> other are 2755. The files in the directories are also invisible to
> my client, which is correct for incoming, but not the others(apps,
> games, misc). BTW I am a newbie so don't laugh to hard... and any
> help is of course appreciated.

 >Andy

To all:

I hope that your mind will find the understanding from my explanation
to the correction of this problem.
With an ftp setup, you must have several subdirectories in order to
have access to the ftp directory.  Although you CAN access it now you
still CANNOT see the directories.  You must have the proper
subdirectories with the linked files like ls so that the client will
list the files on the ftp.
Follow this link and follow the documentation found within.

http://www.itknowledge.com/reference/archive/0672309629/rhl47.htm

Hope this helps you on your journey.

Kelly