On Tuesday 07 November 2000 00:09, Josh V Friberg-Wyckoff wrote:
> The file is inittab and the run level should be 3 for multiuser
> mode.
>
> At 12:46 PM 11/06/2000 -0500, you wrote:
> >Just my guess:  You might have set runlevel to something like 2 or
> > 3.  I don't remember exactly which file in /etc you need to look.
> >  My guess is /etc/init.rc.  It should be set to 4 (multi-user) or
> > 5 (multi-user with graphical login screen).
> >
> >Hope this helps.
> >Andy

To all:

I hope that your mind will find the understanding from my explanation
to the correction of this problem.
Open DrakConf and goto the Graphics Configuration.  From within the
configuration options, I think its next to the last thing it asks
you, just click the "Cancel" button when it asks you if you would
like a user to be automatically logged in, it tells you what to do on
the screen anyways.  Then restart your Xserver or reboot (rebooting
isn't neccessary with Liinux) then you should be able to log in.

Hope this helps you on your journey.

Kelly