On Tue, 07 Nov 2000, Darryl Gibson wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I'm attempting my third LM 7.0 install, and have run into my first
> problem. When I reach the point where I should see the graphics screen,
> my monitor isn't in sync. Is there a command I can use at the boot:
> prompt to force a text install?
>
> I'm booting from the CD ROM, and my boot floppy is munged.
> --
> Darryl Gibson
> Linux Neophyte (tm)
> RLU # 182668
> This computer is 100% Microsoft FREE

Oh Yeah!  That happened to me too, with both LM 7.0 and LM 7.1.  At the first
screen for setup, choose the "F1" key (for help) and then you will get a screen
that allows you to choose a "Low Resolution Install" , or something to the
effect, I cant remember the exact command--maybe it was typing "vglao".
That gives a graphical install that  worked for me!  One of the options there
is for text install, but I'll bet the low res graphical will work for you--I've
had to use it on 3 systems.  A fourth installed fine with the "normal res"--and
it was identical (and I mean right down to the MB and processor--all the
hardware).  Damfino why.

e.