It was Nov 8, 2000, 13:40, when Ashley Moore keyboarded:

>Can anybody tell me if its possible to initiate the upgrade / install
>process off the CD from within Linux

I would not know how to initiate that. After all, there are core items
from the system that need to be replaced, and when they are in use (loaded
into memory with links to disk) that is not possible.

The way I like is to boot from the CD and use that to upgrade.
The only alternative that I know is to boot from a messydos floppy and go
through the autoboot process in the /dosutils directory.

Paul

--
Coffee (n.): a person who is coughed upon.

http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208 - Registered Linux User 174403
              -=PINE 4.21 on Linux Mandrake 7.1=-